Monday, November 4, 2013

It's a BOY

On Halloween we shared with our families that we were expecting a little boy!  We are thrilled.  Justin really wanted a boy and can't wait to teach our little guy so many wonderful things.  I am also very happy that we are having a boy.  It aids in preserving that each of our children are very special in their own way.  That they each are wonderful and beautiful and each have their own special place in our family.  A boy will add to our family and to Kara.  We as parents will get to enjoy all the wonderful things that come with having a girl and now a boy too.  We will get to teach Kara about boys and to forget about dating a boy when he doesn't call her back.  We also get to teach our son that he should always call a girl back if he likes her.  We get to walk our daughter down the isle at her wedding.  While also looking forward to giving our son away to his future wife.  It really is the best of both worlds.

I have also been feeling much better about this pregnancy.  My dreams now are of holding our son and I am reminded of how much I love being a mother.  I am looking forward to giving birth one last time.  I've had dreams that I was able to see his little body through the skin of my tummy.  I could see that his little butt was the same as Kara's but the toes on his feet were very strange.  I equated it to him needing more time in the oven.  LOL!  But in my dream I was able to love and hold a real tangible object.  I really connected with that.

I'm currently 19 weeks.  Almost half-way there.  Our little man has been moving and rolling around more each day. I feel him move and quickly try to put my hand over the movements, but only to sit there for 10 minutes and not feel anything again.  But they will come back and will be stronger as I get bigger.

I've really had to watch my weight gain with this pregnancy.  When I was pregnant with Kara I really watched how much I gained and was right around 25-30 pounds by the end.  With this one….eh….I really haven't been watching it.  In the month of September I gained double the amount your supposed to gain!  Uh oh!  So in October I really watched it.  I ate more salads and tried to walk as much as possible.  I only gained 3 pounds that month and my doctor was happy with that.  But November and December include the holidays and that means lots of yummy food at holiday parties.  I will try my best.

All in all everything is going well.  The only thing that I keep in the back of my mind is the amount of pressure I'm already starting to feel down there.  The kind of pressure I felt the few weeks leading up to Kara's birth.  When I feel that pressure I take it easy or lay down and drink some water.  There's no cause for concern, but it worries me.







No comments:

Post a Comment